Did you know that the global digital advertising industry is worth over US$192 billion? According to 2017 statistics, every minute:
- 650 000 searches are made on Google,
- 700 videos are hosted on YouTube,
- Over 700 000 status updates are made on Facebook,
- 500 000 comments were posted on Facebook,
- Over 65 0000 tweets were made, and
- Approximately 180 million emails were sent.
Digital media and technology have taken over the world, and it is only set to grow. According to Digitalglobal.com, the digital marketing industry – including advertising – will reach US$306 billion by 2020.
Socialmediatoday.com also published an interesting infographic on the state of the 2018 digital marketing industry. Some of the insights include:
- 92% of marketers said their organisation views content as a business asset,
- 51% of B2B marketers will increase content marketing spending in the next 12 months,
- According to some estimates, worldwide spending on marketing automation software will hit $32 billion this year,
- There are 100 000 monthly active bots on Facebook Messenger, offering a whole new platform for marketers to connect with audiences, and
- 39% of marketers will increase influencer marketing budgets.
As you can see, the digital marketing industry is stronger than ever. If you are deciding on whether to start a digital agency or whether to invest in a digital marketing franchise, one of the most important questions you need to ask yourself is whether you want to focus your time and energy on winning work or running your operation.
When you buy a digital marketing franchise from WSI, you will be supported all the way. Everything from training and advice on how to run your business to marketing tools and advice about staffing will be given to you. Contact us for more information about buying a digital marketing franchise today.