If you own or work in a digital marketing agency, then you are probably busy doing great work for your clients. This is called working “in” your business. The problem with working “in” your business is that you get caught up in deadlines and the pressing day-to-day needs instead of focusing on how to grow your business.
The mind shift that needs to happen is that you have to start focusing “on” your business instead. You need to be attracting traffic, capturing leads, nurturing prospects, converting sales, delivering and satisfying on the products you sold, upselling to existing customers and getting referrals on an ongoing basis in order to grow your digital agency. Here’s a quick overview of some of the key elements:
- Attract traffic: Attract leads to your website with great content like research reports webinars, blog posts, ebooks and infographics.
- Capture leads: Encourage leads to sign up to receive your content. Be sure to include opt-in language in your web form.
- Nurture prospects: Create a consistent campaign of useful information and offers with automated, personalized follow-up messages.
- Convert sales: Turn browsers into buyers with a well-defined lead management strategy.
- Deliver and satisfy: Fulfill your commitments on time, then provide additional value that surprises and delights clients.
- Upsell clients: Develop a long-term strategy, tactics, products and services to help generate additional sales and recurring revenue over time.
- Get referrals: Encourage referrals by encouraging and creating incentives for clients and partners.